Typefi Section Fields are content placeholders that represent the position and formatting of metadata within a Typefi Section.
- To add Section Fields to a Typefi Section, open the Typefi Section Options panel, click the Fields tab, and select the Fields you want to add.
Typefi Section Fields are a type of Typefi Field where the value remains the same throughout a single Typefi Section. You can think of Typefi Section Fields as content placeholders within a Typefi Section. They are commonly used in chapter titles and running headers and footers.
Add Section Fields to a Typefi Section
- Open the Typefi Section Options panel (Window → Typefi → Sections).
- Double-click the Section name you want the Section Field to be a part of.
- In the Typefi Section Options dialogue, click the Fields tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the Section Field name to add it to the Section.
TIP If the Section Field is formatted as a counter, you can change its style from the Style pop-up menu.
NOTE If you are using Typefi Designer 8.7.0 or later, you must select each Section Field to add it to the Section, even if you are using an XML-only workflow (that is, you are not using Typefi Writer to author content). If you do not add a Section Field to a Section, its value will be omitted in the final output. In previous Designer versions, you only had to select the Section Field if you were using Typefi Writer.
- Click OK.
If you have any questions about adding Section Fields to a Typefi Section, please contact us. We’re happy to help.