To create a new Typefi Section:
- Open the Typefi Sections panel by choosing Window → Typefi → Sections.
- Click the Create new section icon at the bottom of the panel, or choose New Typefi Section from the panel menu.
In the Typefi Section Options dialogue:
- Enter a unique Section Name. To optimise your publishing workflow for multi-format publishing, specify section names that only contain alphanumeric characters, dashes, and underscores. Symbols and spaces are not supported in EPUB and HTML publishing workflows.
- Choose an option from the Section Type pop-up menu: Main Story, Table of Contents, Index, or Endnote (see Types of Typefi Sections).
- In the Pages tab:
- Define the sequence of the parent (formerly master) page(s). To add a new parent page, click the plus sign (+) icon; to delete a parent page, click the trashcan icon.
- Choose where the parent page starts from the Starts on pop-up menu: Either Side; Right Side; Left Side; Either Side, Use All Pages; Right Side, Use All Pages; or Left Side, Use All Pages (see Specify where the parent page starts). If your template does not have facing pages, these options will all give the same result, so leaving them set to the default (Either Side) is fine.
- Choose a filler parent page from the Filler pop-up menu (see Specify a filler parent page). A filler parent page is a page that is inserted at the end of a Typefi Section to make sure the following Typefi Section can start on a required left or right-hand page. The filler parent page can be a specially designed parent page or [None], which inserts a blank page. Since [None] is the default, it can often be left unchanged.
- Click the Repeat Last Master checkbox to select or deselect the option. When selected, the last parent page defined in the Typefi Section will continue to be applied as pages are added during the automated composition process. It is selected by default.
- In the Page Numbering area:
- Specify how the pages within the Typefi Section will be numbered in the Style and Mode pop-up menus (See Specify the page numbering style and Specify the page numbering mode).
- Specify any Section Prefixes or Section Markers (See Set the section prefix and Set the section marker).
- In the Fields tab, specify which Typefi Section Fields are required in the Typefi Section.
Click OK to create the new Typefi Section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.