This issue only affects the 64-bit edition of Typefi Writer 8.8 and is fixed in Typefi Writer 8.9. Users upgrading from an earlier version of Writer to 8.8 remain unaffected, as the digital signature is already installed.
Typefi Writer and its customisations include a digital signature certificate that ensures authenticity and trustworthiness. Usually, this certificate is installed during the initial setup. However, in the 64-bit edition of Typefi Writer 8.8, the certificate doesn’t install—on new systems without a previous Writer installation.
The absence of the certificate triggers a security warning that ‘Macros have been disabled’. For more details on this security warning and its impact on Typefi Writer users, please see the help centre’s article: ‘Macros have been disabled’ security warning when opening a Typefi Writer document.
Install the 64-bit edition of Typefi Writer 8.9 (or later), or follow the steps to manually install the digital signature certificate for Typefi Writer 8.8 by following the steps below.
Manually install the digital signature certificate for Typefi Writer 8.8
Follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to
- Right-click the Print Manager Application file and select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Click on the Digital Signatures tab. Then, highlight the certificate in the Signature List. With the certificate highlighted, select Details. (This will open the Digital Signature Details pane.)
- Click View Certificate to open the Certificate pane. Then, click Install Certificate. (This will open the Certificate Import Wizard.)
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, choose Current User as the Store Location (where the certificates are kept). Then, click Next.
- To specify a location for the certificate, select the option: Place all certificates in the following store. Then, click Browse and select Trusted Publishers as the certificate store. Finally, click Next.
- To import the certificate, click Finish.
- Click OK to confirm successful installation. Then, close the open panes by clicking OK.
- Restart Typefi Writer in Microsoft Word, and check that security warnings no longer appear.
If you have any questions about manually installing Typefi Writer’s digital signature certificate, please contact us. We’re happy to help!