In some environments, Typefi Writer and Microsoft Word cannot correctly identify Excel elements within a Word document. This means you may experience the following:
- The Excel element itself becomes uneditable after closing the Word document.
- Two error messages display before the Edit Excel Spreadsheet dialogue opens.
- Two error messages display before the Edit Excel Spreadsheet dialogue opens, but OK is greyed out, and only Cancel and Delete are active.
The workaround for this issue is to create a new, non-administrative computer user and use that account to sign into Typefi:
- Create a new non-administrative account:
- In Windows, create a new local user.
- In macOS, create a new standard user.
- Sign in to the new account.
- Open your document again in Microsoft Word and sign in to Typefi. You should now be able to edit the Excel elements
Please sign in to leave a comment.