Use the Typefi Section Options dialogue (Window → Typefi → Sections → Panel menu → Section Options) to assign parent (formerly master) pages to a Typefi Section.
The Pages tab of the Typefi Section Options dialogue specifies the order in which parent pages are applied to document pages during the automated page composition process. All the parent pages in your InDesign document are available to use in a Typefi Section configuration. They are listed in the Master pop-up menu in the order in which they appear in the Pages panel.
The first parent page in the list determines which page side the Typefi Section starts on. If multiple parent pages are defined, they are applied in a top-down order: the first parent page in the list is used first, followed by the next one, and so on. For example, you may set up a Typefi Section named "Chapter" that is configured to insert two parent pages: one for the chapter opener page, and another for the continuation pages.
To assign parent pages in a Typefi Section:
- Open the Typefi Section panel (Window → Typefi → Sections).
- Open the Typefi Section Options dialogue: select the name of a Typefi Section, then go to Panel menu → Section Options. Alternatively, double-click the name of a Typefi Section.
- In the Typefi Section Options dialogue, choose a parent page from the Master pop-up menu.
- Specify where the parent page starts: Choose an option from the Starts On pop-up menu to determine which page side the specified parent page starts on and whether all the pages in the parent spread are used.
- If needed, specify a filler parent page: Select a parent page from the Filler pop-up menu to specify which parent page is applied to the filler page. The filler parent page you choose can be a specially designed parent page or [None], which inserts a blank page. The default option is [None].
- Select or deselect the Repeat Last Master checkbox. It is selected by default.
- When selected, the last parent page defined in the Typefi Section continues to be applied as pages are added. Additional pages are added until all the content in the Typefi Section is formatted and placed.
- When deselected, additional document pages are not generated, even if there is additional content to be placed.