We recommend all Typefi Server users skip Server 8.8—instead, upgrade from Server 8.7 (or earlier) to Server 8.9. For more details, please visit the FAQ for Typefi Server 8.9.
Your computer must meet the minimum technical specifications outlined in this article to run and use Typefi Server for Desktop (Typefi Desktop) 8.8.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2019, or Windows Server 2016; or macOS Ventura (13), Monterey (12), or Big Sur (v11)
- OpenJDK 11 (see Switching to OpenJDK)
- Apache Tomcat 9* (for Linux only; Apache Tomcat 9.0.31* is bundled with our installers for Windows and macOS)
- InDesign workflow plug-in v38 or later.
*If you would like to manually update your Typefi bundled Tomcat service (v9.0.31) to the latest stable and secure Tomcat 9 release, please visit, Update Apache Tomcat for Typefi Server for instructions.
Adobe InDesign support
Typefi supports Adobe InDesign releases on a rolling, three major version schedule*, meaning Typefi Desktop now supports:
- InDesign Server 2023 (v18)
- InDesign Server 2022 (v17)
- InDesign Server 2021 (v16.3 or later)
Additional Adobe InDesign release requirements:
*For more information about our end-of-support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Is Typefi Desktop 8.8 compatible with Apple Silicon?
Typefi Desktop 8.8 is only compatible with Apple silicon-based systems using Rosetta 2 emulation. While an Apple ARM64-compatible build of OpenJDK 16 exists, Typefi Desktop 8.8 requires OpenJDK 11, which does not natively support Apple ARM64-based systems.
For more information, see Typefi compatibility with Apple silicon.
Workflow plug-ins compatibility
|Workflow plug-in||Minimum version|
Typefi product support lifecycle
Typefi Cloud 8.8 browser requirements
Please sign in to leave a comment.