DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) is an XML format designed as an audio substitute for people with print disabilities such as blindness, impaired vision, and dyslexia. Typefi can export DAISY Digital Talking Book (DTB) or DAISY XML using the Export DAISY action. For more information about the DAISY plug-in, please contact us.
The latest version of the DAISY plug-in is 4.0.130, released on 7 January 2022.
We release updates regularly, and it's our goal to make sure that our software works well, constantly—that Typefi continues to deliver every day. If you have any feedback or run into any issues, please contact us. We're happy to help.
4.0.130 — 7 January 2022
- Updated Apache Log4j to 2.17.0 to resolve known Log4j vulnerabilities.
3.0.127 — 8 June 2021
Requires Typefi Server 8.6 or later
- Redesigned the Generate DAISY user interface:
- Changed the DAISY Build ZIP input label to Resources, which is the path to the resource package (.xzip).
- Added an Output field so you can specify the name of the output file.
- Added a section for Required Metadata. Before, if your input Content XML (CXML) file did not contain the required metadata, the job would fail. Now, you can add the required metadata without having to edit the input CXML file. (Note: Any metadata values you enter will override any values in the CXML file.) The required metadata values are:
- Identifier: A string or number identifying the DTB.
- Publisher: The agency responsible for making the DTB available.
- Title: The title of the DTB, including any subtitles.
- Language: The language of the content, written as an RFC 3066 language code.
- Date: The date of publication of the DTB in the format from ISO 8601; the syntax is
YYYY[-MM[-DD]]with a mandatory 4-digit year, an optional 2-digit month, and, if the month is present, an optional 2-digit day of month.
- Removed the Image folder input because images are extracted from the links within the supplied CXML file.
- Consolidated the Images tab:
- Added an Include images checkbox to optionally exclude all images from the output. When Include images is selected (default), all images are converted to JPG format using the settings specified. When deselected, the
<imggroup>tags are removed from the output.
- Consolidated the conversion DPI options into a Resolution (PPI) pop-up menu. The values are 72, 96, 150 (default), and 300.
- Consolidated the image quality options into an Image quality pop-up menu. The values are Low, Medium, High, and Maximum (default).
- Removed the Custom path to ImageMagick and Custom path to GhostScript input fields (previously located in the Images tab). In Typefi 8.6 and later, ImageMagick and GhostScript are built-in (or, go to Admin → External Applications → ImageMagick to set a custom path), which means you no longer need to define the paths in the action.
- Removed the dependency on Apache Ant, which means you can now structure XZIP files the same way you structure them for any other plug-in.
- Removed an unexpected CXML file,
updated-input.cxml, that was automatically generated as part of the output. The purpose of
updated-input.cxmlwas to make sure the file extensions for images was correct. Now, image file extensions are handled without generating any unexpected files.
- Added support for CXML files with relative and absolute paths, as well as filestore paths or paths to a specific drive.
- DAISY content is no longer validated if the XSLT did not generate it.
- Fixed several issues relating to images:
- Fixed an issue where image conversion would fail on macOS Catalina (10.15.x) and Big Sur (11.x) due to heightened restrictions.
- Fixed an issue where entering a custom image path on Linux computers caused the job to fail.
- Fixed an issue where code conflicts in the DAISY plug-in caused subsequent, unrelated jobs to fail.
- Fixed an issue where the common-image logs were missing from the Generate DAISY log.
- Updated Spanish localisation.
- Updated the DAISY icon to represent “D” in braille.
- Added acknowledgements for our contributors, whose efforts over many years have made this software what it is (click the workflow plug-in version number to view). Many thanks!
- Image resolution is incorrect. Graphic processing is not working as well as it could; this will be fixed in a later release. Workaround: Make sure your alt text (alternative text) for images is clear and descriptive.
2.0.22 — 11 July 2016
First customer release.
Please sign in to leave a comment.