The Generate DAISY workflow action generates DAISY content from a Content XML (CXML) file. The DAISY Specification offers a flexible and navigable reading experience for people who are blind or print disabled. The current version, DAISY 3, is a NISO Standard for digital talking books (DTB), which offer print-disabled users a significantly enhanced reading experience that is much closer to that of the sighted reader using a print book.
Generate DAISY is divided into two tabs: General and Images.
- The General tab is the main tab. Use this tab to specify the input files, the output name, and the required metadata.
- Use the Images tab to choose whether to include images and set the resolution and quality.
TIP You can also use workflow variables to specify input fields. To insert a workflow variable, click the lightning bolt icon and choose a variable from the pop-up menu.
|Input||The path to the input Content XML file (.cxml). Click the Choose File icon to choose a file, or enter the file path—for example,
|Resources||The path to the XZIP resource package (.xzip). Click the Choose File icon to choose a file, or enter the file path—for example,
|Output||The path to the output package (.zip). Enter a name or click Choose File to choose an output from the pop-up menu. The default output is
|Identifier||A string or number identifying the DTB.|
|Publisher||The agency responsible for making the DTB available.|
|Title||The title of the DTB, including any subtitles.|
|Language||The language of the content, written as an RFC 3066 language code. For example:
|Date||The date of publication of the DTB in the format from ISO 8601; the syntax is
Before moving to the Images tab, double-check:
- The Required Metadata section is complete.
- The Input filename does not contain any spaces or any other characters other than
- The heading structure in the input file is correct (for example, a Heading 3 cannot directly follow a Heading 1).
- These image-specific issues:
- The file extension is .jpg.
- There are no missing images.
- There are no images in the XZIP file that are not referenced in the CXML.
- There are no duplicate image filenames (for example, the same graphic cannot be inserted multiple times).
NOTE MathType EPS files do not contain embedded fonts; they only include references to fonts. As the files are not being rendered before converting to DAISY, they are not a suitable format. Instead, use MathML.
|Include Images||A checkbox to decide whether to include images in the output. Include Images is selected by default.|
|Resolution||The resolution of the included images in pixels per inch (PPI). Options are:
|Quality||The image quality of the exported images. Options are:
NOTE Any images with transparency in them are converted to an opaque image with a white background.
NOTE Generate DAISY only supports ImageMagick 6.9 for Windows and macOS. If images are not appearing in your output, follow the steps in this workaround.