Your computer must meet the minimum technical specifications outlined in this article to run and use Typefi Server for Desktop (Typefi Desktop) 8.8.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2019, or Windows Server 2016; or macOS Ventura (13), Monterey (12), or Big Sur (v11)
- OpenJDK 11 (see Switching to OpenJDK)
- Apache Tomcat 9* (for Linux only; Apache Tomcat 9.0.31* is bundled with our installers for Windows and macOS)
- InDesign workflow plug-in v38 or later.
*If you would like to manually update your Typefi bundled Tomcat service (v9.0.31) to the latest stable and secure Tomcat 9 release, please visit, Update Apache Tomcat for Typefi Server for instructions.
Adobe InDesign support
Typefi supports Adobe InDesign releases on a rolling, three major version schedule*, meaning Typefi Desktop now supports:
- InDesign Server 2023 (v18)
- InDesign Server 2022 (v17)
- InDesign Server 2021 (v16.3 or later)
Additional Adobe InDesign release requirements:
*For more information about our end-of-support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Is Typefi Desktop 8.8 compatible with Apple Silicon?
Typefi Desktop 8.8 is only compatible with Apple silicon-based systems using Rosetta 2 emulation. While an Apple ARM64-compatible build of OpenJDK 16 exists, Typefi Desktop 8.8 requires OpenJDK 11, which does not natively support Apple ARM64-based systems.
For more information, see Typefi compatibility with Apple silicon.
Workflow plug-ins compatibility
|Workflow plug-in||Minimum version|
Typefi product support lifecycle
Typefi Cloud 8.8 browser requirements
Please sign in to leave a comment.