Syncro Soft’s Oxygen XML Web Author is a powerful online XML editor that allows you to create and edit structured content in real-time. Typefi integrates with Oxygen XML Web Author to offer a solution with advanced editing features and countless possibilities for customising a user’s XML experience.
This article is intended to help system administrators install and configure Oxygen XML Web Author v.25.0.1 (or later) for Typefi’s XML web authoring environment with Typefi Server v8.11 (or later).
To successfully integrate Typefi XML web authoring with Oxygen XML Web Author, please make sure that you complete the following requirements.
- Please contact your Typefi team to let us know you want to integrate Typefi with Oxygen XML Web Author*.
*Typefi Server’s integration with Oxygen XML Web Author (v25.0.1) is currently only compatible with 64-bit Windows operating systems. Support for Oxygen XML Web Author on macOS is being evaluated. Please refer to the Typefi Server known issues article for more details.
- Install or upgrade to Typefi Server v8.11 or later. Please take a look at the installing, updating, and licensing section of the help centre for details.
- If you haven’t already, obtain Oxygen XML Web Author license(s) from Syncro Soft. For more information, refer to Oxygen XML Web Author’s available subscription plans and contact Oxygen’s sales team: <email@example.com>.
- Once you have your Oxygen XML Web Author license(s), please reach out to your Typefi Solutions Consultant for further assistance. They will distribute an Oxygen web application archive (WAR) file to the Typefi FTP.
- Upload and store all XML files related to your Typefi workflows in Typefi Server → Files (for example, .dita and .ditamap files).
- Then, update any workflow XML file paths for images and other .dita files to match the location on Typefi Server → Files.
If you need assistance or have questions about these requirements, please contact us.
Download and install
To download and install, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Typefi FTP and download the Oxygen XML Web Author WAR file—
oxygen-web-author##version.warfile. For example,
- Sign in to your Typefi Server as an administrator and go to Admin → External Applications → XML web editor: Oxygen.
- Click +Add Editor, then upload the WAR file. Please wait; the installation process may take several minutes.
- Click Save.
Configure your Oxygen XML Web Author license
Follow these steps to activate your license:
- After installing Oxygen XML Web Author, you must activate your license by adding your license key purchased from Syncro Soft. For pricing and purchasing assistance, please contact Oxygen’s sales team: at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Go back to Admin → External Applications → XML web editor: Oxygen.
- Click +Add/Update License and upload the license.properties file.
- Restart Typefi Server. Please refer to the help article, Restart Typefi Server, for guidance.
- After restarting Typefi Server, return to Admin → XML web editor: Oxygen and select Enable.
- Click Save.
Once you install and configure Oxygen XML Web Author for Typefi XML web authoring, your team members can sign in with their Typefi user credentials and begin editing DITA XML content stored in Typefi Server.
Discover how to seamlessly publish Typefi jobs using Oxygen XML Web Author by referring to the help article: Attach workflows and publish Typefi jobs with Oxygen XML Web Author.
If you have any questions and installing and configuring Oxygen XML Web Author for Typefi, please contact us. We’re happy to help!