Fonto makes structured content authoring easy! Fonto Editor is designed for authors with no knowledge of XML, enabling subject matter experts to create, edit and review mission-critical documents quickly and efficiently in a collaborative online environment. Organisations using Fonto + Typefi can convert their XML into as many high-quality, brand-compliant print and digital outputs as they need with just a few clicks. Learn more at fontoxml.com/fonto-editor/.
This article is intended to help system administrators install and configure Fonto Editor v8.4 (or later) for Typefi’s XML web authoring environment with Typefi Server v8.11 or later.
To successfully integrate Typefi XML web authoring with Fonto Editor, please make sure that you complete the following requirements:
- Please contact your Typefi team to let us know you want to integrate Typefi with Fonto Editor.
- Install or upgrade to Typefi Server v8.11 or later. Please take a look at the installing, updating, and licensing section of the help centre for details.
- If you haven’t already, obtain a Fonto license for version 8.4 or later. To purchase a license, please reach out to a Fonto representative.
- Once you have your Fonto license(s), please reach out to your Typefi Solutions Consultant for further assistance. They will distribute a Fonto Editor web application archive (WAR) file to the Typefi FTP.
- Upload and store all XML files related to your Typefi workflows in Typefi Server → Files (for example, .dita and .ditamap files).
- Then, update any workflow XML file paths for images and other .dita files to match the location on Typefi Server → Files.
If you need assistance or have questions about these requirements, please contact us.
Download and install
To download and install, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Typefi FTP and download the Fonto Editor WAR file—
- Sign in to Typefi Server as an administrator and go to Admin → External Applications → XML web editor: Fonto.
- Click +Add Editor, then upload the WAR file. Please wait; the installation process may take several minutes.
- After installing Fonto Editor, select Enable.
- Click Save.
Once you install and configure Fonto Editor for Typefi XML web authoring, your team members can sign in with their Typefi user credentials and begin editing DITA XML content stored in Typefi Server.
Discover how to seamlessly publish Typefi jobs using Fonto Editor by referring to our help article: Attach workflows and publish Typefi jobs with Fonto Editor.
If you have any questions about installing or configuring Fonto Editor for Typefi, please contact us. We’re happy to help!