This article only applies to Typefi customers already on InDesign Server 2021, version 16.2, and who want to upgrade to 16.4.
Typefi Server 8.7.2 adds support for Adobe InDesign Server 2021 but requires that you run specific versions of Typefi Designer (8.7.2 build 1231) as the Adobe InDesign Server 2021 version 16.4 release was functionally a major upgrade from 16.2.
Please allow for 10 minutes.
- Make sure you are already running Adobe InDesign Server 2021 version 16.2. You can use workflow logs from recent jobs to make this assessment.
- If you run third-party tools such as movemen MathTools, those will have new versions for 16.4 as well. All plug-ins from all software developers were affected by this change. Do not proceed until you inventory and collect third-party plug-ins.
2. Download required files from the Typefi FTP
Once we have received your licensing request, we will put the required files in the Typefi FTP. This is what you'll need to download:
- Latest Adobe InDesign Server installer (Limited or Premium)
- Typefi Designer Server, located in the Typefi__Designer Server folder (
- Latest Typefi Typefitter Server (if required)
3. Remove existing components
In this step, you will uninstall Typefi Designer Server and deprovision InDesign Server.
3.1 Stop InDesign Server
- Go to your Services console in Windows, locate "InDesignServerService x64", and Stop it.
3.2 Uninstall Typefi Designer Server
- Open the control panel.
- Uninstall Typefi Designer Server from Control Panel Programs.
- Uninstall Typefi Typefitter Server from Control Panel Programs (if required).
4. Install new components
In this step, you will run the installers you downloaded from the Typefi FTP, as well as any third-party plug-ins.
- Install InDesign Server 2021.
- Unblock the ZIP.
- Extract the ZIP.
- Go to the Builds folder run setup.
- Run the Typefi Designer Server installer.
- Install Typefitter Server (if required).
5. Verify the InDesign Server configuration
- Start the InDesignServerService.
- Verify that one or more InDesignServe.exe processes launch on the system and remain running three minutes after starting.
- Reboot the system and verify it.