- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2019, or Windows Server 2016; or macOS Ventura (v13), Monterey (v12), or Big Sur (v11)
- Java: OpenJDK 11 (see Switching to OpenJDK)
- Web Server: Apache Tomcat 9*(for Linux only; Apache Tomcat 9.0.31 is bundled with our installers for Windows and macOS)
- Plug-in: InDesign workflow plug-in v38 or later
*If you want to manually update your Typefi bundled Tomcat service (v9.0.31) to the latest stable and secure Tomcat 9 release, please visit the help article, Update Apache Tomcat for Typefi Server, for instructions.
- Adobe InDesign Server support: Typefi Workgroup supports Adobe InDesign releases on a rolling, three major version schedule*, meaning Typefi Workgroup now supports:
- InDesign Server 2023 (v18),
- InDesign Server 2022 (v17),
- InDesign Server 2021 (v16.3 or later).
- Additional Adobe InDesign release requirements:
*For more information about our end-of-support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Is Typefi Workgroup 8.11 compatible with Apple Silicon?
Typefi Workgroup 8.11 is only compatible with Apple silicon-based systems using Rosetta 2 emulation. While an Apple ARM64-compatible build of OpenJDK 16 exists, Typefi Workgroup 8.11 requires OpenJDK 11, which does not natively support Apple ARM64-based systems.
For more information, see Typefi compatibility with Apple silicon.
Workflow plug-ins compatibility
|Workflow plug-in||Minimum version|
External plug-ins compatibility
|External plug-in||Minimum version|
|Oxygen XML Web Author||25.1.0|
*Typefi Server's integration with Oxygen XML Web Author (v25.1.0) is currently only compatible with 64-bit Windows operating systems. We are evaluating support for Oxygen XML Web Author on macOS.
- Typefi product support lifecycle
- Typefi Server release notes
- Typefi Cloud 8.11 browser requirements
- Typefi Desktop 8.11 system requirements