To edit a cross-reference in Typefi Writer:
- Double-click the CROSS-REF marker in the Microsoft Word document.
- In the Edit Cross-Reference dialogue, click Select to select a new cross-reference source.
To edit the cross-reference source, click Go to source to go directly to the cross-reference source in the Word document.
- In the Select Cross-Reference Source dialogue:
- Choose the document where the cross-reference source is located in the Document pop-up menu. By default, the current document is selected. However, you can also choose a different document if both documents are attached to the same workflow. To check which workflow a document is attached to, click the Typefi tab in the Word ribbon, and click Workflow. The attached workflow name is displayed in the dialogue.
- Choose Paragraphs or Bookmarks to select a cross-reference source. The source is content styled with a Typefi paragraph style or a Word bookmark.
- Click OK.
- Choose a Format from the pop-up menu. The format determines what content is inserted at the cursor. Cross-references can contain source text, a page number, or a combination of both. Typefi cross-reference formatting options are defined using the formatting options in Adobe InDesign.
- Click OK.
Alternatively, you could use the Document Explorer to change the cross-reference:
- In the Typefi tab within the Tools group, click Explore Document.
- Locate the cross-reference in the Typefi Document Explorer and click Edit.
- In the Edit Cross-Reference dialogue, choose the new cross-reference source and cross-reference format.
- Click OK to return to the Typefi Document Explorer.
- Click Close (x) to return to the Word document.