Hyperlinks consist of two components: the display text and the target. For example, in an interactive PDF, the display text is the content displayed in the Word document, and the target is the 'address' the hyperlink goes to when you click on it. A hyperlink's address can be an external web page, an email address, a specific paragraph, or a bookmark.
Hyperlinks and the automated page composition process
Microsoft Word automatically converts email addresses and web addresses to hyperlinks. These hyperlinks are retained during Typefi’s page composition process. However, hyperlinks to paragraphs or bookmarks are not; you must re-create these types of hyperlinks as Typefi hyperlinks. Typefi hyperlinks are a special type of hyperlink used in the automated page composition process to make sure hyperlinks to paragraphs and bookmarks are retained.
Insert a hyperlink to a web page or email address
To insert a hyperlink to a web page or email address in Word, follow the instructions in Create or edit a hyperlink.
Insert a Typefi Hyperlink to a bookmark or paragraph
You can insert a Typefi Hyperlink to a bookmark or paragraph in the same document, or a different document. If the hyperlink points to a different document, the workflow must also be attached to it.
To insert a Typefi hyperlink to a bookmark or paragraph:
- Highlight the text you want to use as the display text.
- In the Word ribbon, click the Typefi tab. Then, in the Insert group, click Hyperlink → Insert Hyperlink.
- In the Insert Hyperlink dialogue, click Select.
The Select Hyperlink Source dialogue appears.
- If you are linking to a different document, choose it from the Document pop-up menu in the Select Hyperlink Source dialogue. By default, the active document is selected. To link to a different document, the workflow must be attached to it.
- If you are linking to a paragraph, click the Paragraphs tab; if you are linking to a bookmark, click the Bookmarks tab. To use a Bookmark as a target for a Hyperlink, you must first add the Bookmark in Word.
- Choose the target destination from the list. To make it easier to choose a hyperlink destination in a long list, click either the Sequence, Style, Name, or Text labels to organise the list. Clicking the same label again toggles the sort order between ascending and descending.
- Click OK to return to the Insert Hyperlink dialogue.
- Back in the Insert Hyperlink dialogue, click OK to insert the hyperlink.
The Typefi Hyperlink is now created and recognisable through its markup in the text.
You can edit the hyperlink at any time.