If you use Typefi Desktop, you do not need to configure the sync preferences, as all your documents are stored locally.
By default, when you save changes to a document that you have checked out, only the local copy is saved. Typefi Writer can also be configured to sync the changes back to the Typefi Server (Workgroup and Cloud only) each time you save a document, ensuring that your changes are immediately available to workflows that use the template you are working on.
If you are using Writer 8.7.4 in a OneDrive or Sharepoint environment, Save locally only is required. This is the default option on new installations.
To configure the sync preferences:
- Open a Word document and click the Typefi tab.
- In the Writer group, click Options.
- In the Typefi Writer Options dialogue, click File handling.
- Choose one of the following When saving options:
- Prompt before syncing: Select this option to receive a prompt when you save asking whether you want to upload your changes or not.
- Save locally only (default): Select this option to only save changes to your local computer. If you use Typefi Workgroup or Typfi Cloud, you are responsible for checking in your changes as needed.
- Sync copy to server: Select this option to automatically upload your changes to the Typefi Server each time you save. This option may result in longer save times on slower network connections.
Please sign in to leave a comment.