In Typefi Designer, when you check out a template from your Typefi Server, any changes you make only affect your local copy. However, you can configure Typefi FileManager to sync the changes back to your Typefi Server each time you save a document, ensuring that your changes are immediately available to workflows that use the template you are working on.
Configure the file sync preferences
- Open the Typefi FileManager preferences.
- Windows: Choose Edit → Preferences → Typefi → FileManager.
- macOS: Choose InDesign → Preferences → Typefi → FileManager.
- Alternatively, open the FileManager (Window → Typefi → FileManager) and choose Preferences from the Typefi FileManager panel menu.
- In the Preferences dialogue, choose one of the following When saving options:
- Prompt Before Syncing: Select this option to receive a prompt when you save asking whether you want to upload your changes or not.
- Save Locally Only (default): Select this option to only save changes to your local computer. You are responsible for checking in your changes as needed.
- Sync Copy to Server: Select this option to automatically upload your changes to the Typefi Server each time you save. This may result in longer save times on slower network connections.