17 January 2018
Typefi Server provides access to all your templates, documents, workflows, and projects through your web browser. The Typefi home screen is your starting point for organizing Files, creating Workflows, viewing the result of Jobs, and setting defaults for workflow Actions.
Sign in to Typefi
To access the Typefi Server you first need to sign in:
- Open a new browser window and enter the URL of your Typefi Server. For example, https://cloud.typefi.net.
- When the login screen appears, sign in using your account credentials (typically your email address). To avoid signing in the next time select Stay signed in. You will not be asked to sign in again for 30 days, even if you refresh your browser window or close your web browser.
- To sign out, click on your name shown at the top right side of the browser window, then choose Sign out. If you did not select Stay signed in when logging in, you can also sign out simply by closing your web browser.
Use the tabs at the top of the browser window to switch between different areas of your Typefi Server.
Clicking the Typefi logo or Files tab takes you to the top level of the Files area, where you can browse and organize files the way you prefer to work, as well as create workflows and projects.
Click the Jobs tab to see a history of all the output created by Typefi workflows. When you are in the Jobs area, the hierarchical folder view shown in the Files area is replaced by a historical sequencing of all workflow job folders. Jobs are shown in reverse chronological order so that the most recent one always appears at the top; whereas the files and folders located in the Files area are sorted alphabetically.
Click the Actions tab to set system-wide preferences for how each action should behave when added to a new workflow. Here you can adjust settings such as Microsoft Word import options, PDF Presets, EPUB export options, and more. For more information on setting up workflows, see Working with Typefi Workflows.
Typefi Server supports small organizations, mid-sized workgroups, and large enterprise deployments. Log in with an administrator account to change service settings and perform other administrative tasks via the Admin tab. For more information on administering your Typefi Server, see the Typefi Server Administration guide.
NOTE The Admin tab is only visible for specific user roles.
Typefi Server 8.4 and later integrates Zendesk Support to seamlessly provide help when and where you need it. Simply click the help icon at the bottom corner of any page to get quick access to:
- Context-sensitive suggestions
- A knowledge base search
- A contact form for personal assistance
Initially, up to three suggested articles will appear below the search box. Click on an article link to open it in a new tab, or enter your own search query to refresh the top results.
Click View more to see additional results, or click Contact us to send us a personal support request.
NOTE The Zendesk widget requires a modern web browser (Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge, or the latest two releases of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).