Create a test workflow
- Go to the bottom of this article and download the sample files: Publish faster with Typefi.cxml and Hello Typefi Template.indd.
- Save these files to your desktop. You'll use them in the next step.
Create folders for your content and workflow in your Typefi Server
- Sign in to your Typefi Server and create a new folder. Name it 1_Hello Typefi.
Starting the folder name with a 1 helps ensure that this folder will always be at the top of your files.
- Click the 1_Hello Typefi folder you just created.
- Upload Publish faster with Typefi.cxml and Hello Typefi Template.indd to 1_Hello Typefi.
Build the workflow
- Click New Workflow and name it Hello Typefi.
- Add the Create InDesign document workflow action:
- Click the folder icon to choose an Input file. Choose Publish faster with Typefi.cxml.
- Leave the Output name as output-1.indd.
- Click the folder icon to choose the InDesign template. Choose Hello Typefi Template.indd.
- Leave Start page numbering at 1.
- Choose an InDesign Server from the pop-up menu. Your InDesign Server may have different names, depending on how your Typefi Server is configured.
- (This step is optional, but makes it quicker to view the output.) Add the Export to PDF workflow actions:
- Leave the Input name as output-1.indd.
- Leave the Output name as output-1.pdf.
- Leave the InDesign Server as it is.
- Choose an Adobe PDF preset from the pop-up menu. Your PDF presets may differ depending on how your Typefi Server is configured.
- Leave the Display title as File name.
- Leave the Document Language field blank, or enter an ISO 639-1 language code.
- Click Save.
Run the workflow and view the result
- Click Run.
- Wait for the job to complete. (This should only take a few seconds.)
- When you see the green checkmark next to the job, click the job folder and download output-1.pdf to view the final output.
If you cannot download the generated PDF, your Typefi Server is not configured correctly. Please contact your Solutions Consultant for next steps.
Now, anytime you upgrade or renew your Typefi Server, you can run this workflow to make sure everything is configured correctly.