Typefi Field Instances were introduced in Typefi Writer 8.7.1 (64-bit edition).
A Typefi Field Instance is a text variable in your content that represents the value of a Typefi Field.
For example, you might use a Field Instance to insert the year that a document was published (set as a Project Field) into some boilerplate text on the copyright page.
- You are comfortable using Typefi Fields.
- You are using Typefi Writer 8.7.1 or later.
- The attached workflow includes the Import DOCX workflow action, v18 or later. If you’re not sure how to update an action, follow the steps in Update a workflow action.
Insert a Field Instance
To insert a Field Instance:
- In the Typefi tab within the Insert group, click Field Instance.
- Choose the Field Instance you want to insert from the Insert Field Instance dialogue.
- Click OK. The Field Instance is inserted in the document.
To edit the Field Instance, double click the Field Instance marker to open the Edit Field Instance dialogue.
If you are ‘roundtripping content’ (converting content from Microsoft Word to Adobe InDesign and then back to Content XML), Field Instances are not carried through.
|When publishing, I get this error: Document will have missing content. Upgrade Import DOCX in attached workflow to v18 or later.||The Import DOCX action in the attached workflow is outdated. Update the action to v18 or later and publish the document again.|
|When publishing, I get this error: Cannot publish document because Import DOCX is disabled in attached workflow.||The Import DOCX action in the attached workflow is disabled. Enable Import DOCX and publish the document again.|
|When publishing, I get this error: Cannot publish document because Import DOCX is not in attached workflow.||The attached workflow does not include the Import DOCX action. Add Import DOCX to the workflow and publish the document again.|
Please sign in to leave a comment.