- You can use Element Fields for Element-level content, such as figure captions, figure numbers, and copyright information.
- To set the value of an Element Field: click Typefi in the Microsoft Word ribbon, insert the Element (Insert → Element), select the Field in the Element structure, and enter the value.
A Typefi Element Field is a type of Field that is used within a Typefi Element. Element Fields are commonly used for inserting Element-level content, such as figure captions, figure numbers, and copyright information.
If your publication includes any Element Fields, the layout designer must create them in the Typefi-ready template.
Setting the Element Field value when inserting an Element
To set an Element Field's value when you insert an Element:
- Insert the Element (Insert → Element).
- In the Insert Element dialogue, select the Field in the Element structure and enter a value.
- Click OK.
The Element, and its Element Field, is inserted in your document.
Setting the Element Field value when editing an Element
To update an Element Field's value after you have inserted the Element:
KNOWN ISSUE When editing an Element Field, the Edit Element dialogue is empty. Workaround: Delete and re-insert the Element—when you re-insert the Element, set the Element Field value.
- Double-click the ELEMENT marker.
- In the Edit Element dialogue, select the Field you want to edit in the Element structure.
- Enter a new Field value.
- Click OK.
If you have any questions about setting the value of an Element Field, please contact us. We're here to help.