- If you don‘t want specific metadata to appear on a page, you must break the link to its corresponding Field.
- To break the link, go to Window → Typefi → Fields, position your cursor between the Field Markers and select the Break Link To Selected Field icon.
If you no longer want specific metadata to appear on a page, you can break the link to its corresponding Typefi Field.
To break the link to a Typefi Field:
- Open the Typefi Fields panel (Window → Typefi → Fields).
- Using the Type tool, position the text insertion point anywhere between the opening and closing Field Markers (indicated with red square brackets).
- Click the Break Link To Selected Field icon at the bottom of the panel; or choose Break Link To Field from the panel menu.
The Field Markers are no longer visible, indicating that the text is no longer linked to the Field.
NOTE If you do not see the Field Markers, choose View → Screen Mode → Normal. If they are still not visible, choose Show Field Markers from the Typefi Fields panel menu.
TIP To completely remove a Typefi Field from a text frame, select the opening and closing Field Markers, along with the text in between, and then delete the selected text.
If you have any questions about breaking the link to a Typefi Field, please contact us. We‘re here to help.