- To install Typefitter, download the latest Typefitter installer from our website.
- If you are installing Typefitter on macOS, make sure you choose the correct installer.
- To uninstall Typefitter on Windows, uninstall it from the Settings page. To uninstall Typefitter on macOS, go to the InDesign Plug-ins folder and delete the plug-in manually.
Typefitter is an Adobe InDesign plug-in that enables you to quickly and intuitively nudge InDesign’s paragraph composer to improve the appearance of justified text. We built Typefitter to help graphic designers, design studios, and corporate design teams “do more” without sacrificing design quality or integrity.
Install Typefitter ↩
- Download the latest Typefitter installer from our website. If you are using macOS, make sure you choose the correct installer.
- If your Mac has an Apple processor and you are using InDesign 16.3 or later, use the Mac-ARM installer for the fastest performance.
- If your Mac has an Intel processor or you are using InDesign 16.2 or earlier, use the Mac-Intel installer.
- Open the Typefitter installer. If you are using macOS and cannot open the installer, please complete the steps in this article.
- Follow the steps in the installer.
- When InDesign opens, verify that Typefitter was installed. Go to Window → Typefitter. If you do not see Typefitter as an option, Typefitter is not installed. Please reinstall, or contact us for assistance.
NOTE If you are upgrading from Typefitter 4 to Typefitter 5, you do not need to relicense Typefitter. Typefitter 5 automatically inherits your Typefitter 4 license.
How many computers can I install Typefitter on?
You can install and activate Typefitter on up to two computers (Windows or macOS) used exclusively by the same person.
For example, if you have a computer only you work on in your office, and your own computer at home, you can install and activate Typefitter on both computers. If you get a new computer at home and you want to install and activate Typefitter on it, you’ll need to deactivate Typefitter from your old computer.
If you can't access your old computer (for example, it was lost, damaged, or stolen), don't worry. We can help. Just provide us with the email you used to subscribe or any other identifying information (order number or serial number) and we'll deactivate your licence for your old computer for you.
If you want to use Typefitter on more than two computers, or to allow other users to use Typefitter, additional licenses will need to be purchased.
macOS only: Choose a Typefitter installer ↩
NOTE These instructions apply to macOS only. If you use Windows, use the Typefitter.exe installer.
In June 2020, Apple announced a two-year plan to transition the Macintosh platform from Intel-designed processors to Apple-designed processors in a series of WWDC presentations. Starting with certain models introduced in late 2020, Apple began transitioning from Intel processors to Apple silicon in Mac computers.
You can check which processor your Mac uses by going to the Apple menu → About This Mac.
- On Mac computers with Apple silicon, About This Mac shows an item labelled Chip, followed by the chip’s name.
- On Mac computers with Intel processors, About This Mac shows an item labelled Processor, followed by the name of the Intel processor.
The Typefitter installer you need depends on your processor and InDesign version:
|InDesign 16.2 or earlier||InDesign 16.3 or later|
InDesign runs using Rosetta 2 emulation
InDesign runs as a native application
If your Mac has an Apple-designed processor (for example, an Apple M1 chip) and you have updated to Adobe InDesign 16.3 or later, you should use the Mac-ARM installer (arm64_Typefi_Typefitter.pkg). If you instead use the Mac-Intel installer (Typefi_Typefitter.pkg), you will see this error message after launching InDesign:
Some of your plugins do not support InDesign in ARM native mode. Launch InDesign in Rosetta Emulation mode to use these plugins.
Rosetta is an optional emulator that enables you to use Intel-based features on Macs with Apple silicon. To launch InDesign using Rosetta:
- Open Finder and navigate to Adobe InDesign you want to open.
- Control-click or right-click Adobe InDesign.
- Select Get Info.
- Select Open in Rosetta.
- Open InDesign as usual.
NOTE InDesign may initially take longer to open while Rosetta 2 translates it for use on your Apple silicon computer.
Alternatively, reinstall Typefitter using the Mac-ARM (arm64_Typefi_Typefitter.pkg) installer so InDesign 16.3 or later can run natively on your Apple silicon-based Mac.
Uninstall Typefitter ↩
Uninstall Typefitter on Windows
To uninstall Typefitter, uninstall it from the Settings page. Select Start → Settings → Apps → Apps & features. Select Typefitter, and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall Typefitter on macOS
To uninstall Typefitter, go to Applications → InDesign → Plug-ins → Typefi and manually delete the TypefitterGUI.InDesignPlugin and TypefitterModel.InDesignPlugin.
If you have any questions about installing or uninstalling Typefitter, please contact us. We’re here to help.