- Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign support different file types.
- Only insert files that are supported by Adobe InDesign Server.
- Microsoft Word only shows image previews for its supported file types.
Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign support different file types. When you insert an image, make sure the file type is supported Adobe InDesign Server.
|File types supported by Microsoft Word||File types supported by Adobe InDesign|
If you insert a file that is supported by InDesign, but not Word, then:
- You cannot define interactive options; producing an interactive PDF requires a script installed on the Typefi Server.
- You must define media behaviours (such as auto-looping a video) in the post-production stage. Open the InDesign file produced by Typefi and set the required behaviour.
- You will not be able to see a preview of the image in the Typefi Writer document.