Typefi Designer is a suite of tools for Adobe InDesign to transform regular InDesign documents into files you can use in a Typefi automated publishing workflow.
Install Typefi Designer
- Sign in to the Typefi FTP. If you are using a web browser to access the FTP, visit https://ftp.typefi.com and sign in using your Typefi credentials. If you are using an FTP client, use ftp.typefi.com as the server address.
- Navigate to the Typefi__Designer folder. It should be one of the first things you see when you sign in to the FTP.
NOTE If you do not see the Typefi__Designer folder when you sign in to the FTP, please contact your Solutions Consultant.
- Download the latest Typefi Designer installer. If you are on Windows, download the .exe file; if you are on macOS download the .dmg file.
- Open the installer. NOTE If you are using macOS and cannot open the installer, please complete the steps in this article.
- Follow the steps in the installer.
- Verify the installation: Open InDesign and navigate to Window → Typefi. If you do not see Typefi as an option, Typefi is not installed. Please re-install, or contact your Solutions Consultant for help.
Forgot your Typefi credentials?
Your Typefi credentials consist of a username and password which are used to sign in to Typefi Support, Typefi Server, and the Typefi FTP. Click here to manage your Typefi credentials or to submit a forgotten password request.
Can I install Typefi Designer on another computer?
The number of computers you can install Typefi Designer on depends on your license. Please contact your Solutions Consultant for details.