Note: Adobe InDesign 16.3, which adds native support for Apple devices with the M1 processor, is not compatible with Typefi Designer for macOS and Windows. Please wait to upgrade to InDesign 16.3 until we release a compatible version of Typefi Designer. If you've already upgraded to InDesign 16.3, please install the previous version of InDesign (InDesign 16.2) instead.
Typefi Designer is a suite of tools for Adobe InDesign to transform regular InDesign documents into files you can use in a Typefi automated publishing workflow.
To install Typefi Designer:
- Sign in to the Typefi FTP. If you use a web browser to access the FTP, visit https://ftp.typefi.com and sign in using your Typefi credentials. If you are using an FTP client, use ftp.typefi.com as the server address.
- Navigate to the Typefi__Designer folder. It should be one of the first things you see when you sign in to the FTP.
NOTE If you do not see the Typefi__Designer folder when you sign in to the FTP, please contact your Solutions Consultant.
- Download the latest Typefi Designer installer. If you are on Windows, download the .exe file; if you are on macOS, download the .dmg file.
- Run the installer. NOTE If you are using macOS and cannot open the installer, please complete the steps in this article.
- Follow the steps in the installer.
- Verify the installation: Open InDesign and navigate to Window → Typefi. If you do not see Typefi as an option, Typefi is not installed. Please re-install, or contact your Solutions Consultant for help.
Forgot your Typefi credentials?
Your Typefi credentials consist of a username and password, which are used to sign in to Typefi Support, Typefi Server, and the Typefi FTP. Click here to manage your Typefi credentials or to submit a forgotten password request.
Can I install Typefi Designer on another computer?
The number of computers you can install Typefi Designer on depends on your license. Please contact your Solutions Consultant for details.