Typefi Writer needs a connection to a Typefi Server to be able to attach to workflows and produce output. There are a few different server addresses depending on the product you purchased:
|Typefi Workgroup||Please ask your solutions consultant|
You will also need a username and password. These will either be provided by Typefi or they will be provided by your IT department. If you are unsure, please ask your solutions consultant.
Configuring the server
To configure a server connection:
- Click on Options all the way to the right in the Typefi ribbon.
This will open the Typefi Writer Options dialog and should automatically be focused on Server connections. If not, please click on Server connections
- Click on Add... to open the Add Server Connection dialog.
- Type in the server address*, username, and password.
- Select the option to Remember my password.
- Click on Test.
- If the test is successful, then you will receive a message to confirm that everything is set up properly. You can now close both dialog boxes by clicking OK.
* Please be aware that the server address uses https:// by default. If you are using Typefi Desktop, replace this with http://.