When you install Typefi AutoFit, two components are added to Adobe InDesign:
- The AutoFit tool. Use the Typefi AutoFit tool to define parent-child relationships between objects so that when the 'parent’ object is moved or resized, its 'child' objects automatically adjust accordingly.
- The AutoFit panel. Use the Typefi AutoFit panel to create auto-sizing text frames. For example, if a figure caption is longer than its text frame, Typefi AutoFit automatically resizes the frame to fit the entire caption and eliminate any overset text.
Install Typefi AutoFit
To install Typefi AutoFit:
- Go to our website and register for your free Typefi AutoFit download.
- Download the latest Typefi AutoFit installer.
- Open the Typefi AutoFit installer. If you are using macOS and cannot open the installer, please complete the steps in this article.
- Follow the steps in the installer.
- When InDesign opens, verify that Typefi AutoFit was installed. Go to Window → Typefi → AutoFit. If you do not see AutoFit as an option, Typefi AutoFit is not installed. Please re-install, or contact us for assistance.
Uninstall Typefi AutoFit
To uninstall Typefi AutoFit:
Uninstall it from the Settings page. Select Start → Settings → Apps → Apps & features. Select Typefi AutoFit, and then select Uninstall.
- Go to Applications → InDesign → Plug-ins → Typefi.
- Manually delete the Typefi AutoFit Publish UI.InDesignPlugin and Typefi AutoFit Publish.InDesignPlugin.