- Typefi AutoFit is a plug-in for Adobe InDesign that enables you to create dynamic page objects that react and respond automatically as content changes.
- When you install Typefi AutoFit, two components are added to Adobe InDesign: the AutoFit tool and the AutoFit panel.
When you install Typefi AutoFit, two components are added to InDesign:
- The AutoFit tool. Use the Typefi AutoFit tool to define parent-child relationships between objects so that when the 'parent’ object is moved or resized, its 'child' objects automatically adjust accordingly.
- The AutoFit panel. Use the Typefi AutoFit panel to create auto-sizing text frames. For example, if a figure caption is longer than its text frame, Typefi AutoFit automatically resizes the frame to fit the entire caption and eliminate any overset text.
- Go to our website and register for your free Typefi AutoFit download.
- Download the latest Typefi AutoFit installer.
- Open the Typefi AutoFit installer. If you are using macOS and cannot open the installer, please complete the steps in this article.
- Follow the steps in the installer.
- When InDesign opens, verify that Typefi AutoFit was installed. Go to Window → Typefi → AutoFit. If you do not see AutoFit as an option, Typefi AutoFit is not installed. Please re-install, or contact us for assistance.