Typefi Writer 8.7.3: Key features:
Third-party library update for increased security
- The third-party libraries utilised in Typefi Writer 8.7.3 have all been updated to the latest builds available. This includes Log4j version 2.17.1.
User interface (UI) improvements for increased usability
- We've made some tweaks to the UI so that you can "do more" in fewer clicks. These improvements mean you can insert images, tables, and Typefi Elements faster and easier.
- Writer 8.7.3 fixes an issue where cross-references to paragraphs did not output any content.
Microsoft Word plug-in (v20) key features:
The latest version of the Microsoft Word DOCX plug-in for Typefi is 20.0.605 (v20).
Enhanced accessibility with support for Alt Text applied to embedded images
- In this release, Alt Text that is applied to embedded images using Microsoft Word's built-in tools can now travel through to your outputs! Please note that this feature requires Typefi Writer 8.7.3. Fun fact: this feature is a direct result of customer feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts and help shape our product portfolio!
- This new Alt Text support is another example of our commitment to improving accessibility in our products and to delivering enhanced accessibility for our customers. Learn more about how we can help you produce accessible content.
Latest Log4j fix for increased security
- The Microsoft Word plug-in (v20) for Typefi has been updated to Log4j 2.17.1 to resolve known Log4j vulnerabilities.
Update Typefi Writer to start using these new features!
- Install Typefi Writer 8.7.3 (64-bit edition), available from the Typefi FTP.
- Verify that your Typefi workflows are using both the Microsoft Word workflow plug-in (v18 or higher), and the Adobe InDesign workflow plug-in (v33 or higher).
- If you're unsure of what version you're running, or if you need further support, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: 32-bit editions of Typefi Writer are deprecated
If you choose not to upgrade, everything will stay as it currently is. However, we recommend updating Typefi Writer 8.7.3 (64-bit edition) in order to benefit from our continued development. We are no longer actively supporting deprecated 32-bit editions. For more information, please view Typefi's latest releases.
- Visit the Typefi Writer release notes to view all changes and bug fixes
- Learn how to install/update your workflow plug-ins and actions
- Discover how to sign in to the Typefi FTP
- Revisit the key features of Typefi Writer 8.7.2 (64-bit edition)
- Submit a ticket to learn more about new features, to log any issues, or for help upgrading to Typefi Writer 8.7.3
If you have any questions, please contact us. Our team is happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.