We're thrilled to announce the release of Typefi Writer 8.7.2 64-bit edition, which includes the availability of an exciting new integration with Edifix.
Edifix is an online bibliographic reference solution from Inera | An Atypon Company, and will help users to check, correct, link and format their references within Typefi Writer itself, in just a few clicks!
Typefi Writer 8.7.2: Key features
Boost your referencing speed and accuracy with Edifix
Say goodbye to tedious reference checking, and hello (and thank you!) to Edifix. Previously, Typefi Writer had no built-in reference checking solution. Now, through this integration with Edifix, Typefi Writer users* can complete this task quickly and easily, without needing to leave their Word document. All you need to do is choose an editorial style and Edifix does the grunt work for you—too easy!
*Note: You must have an active Edifix account, in order to use Edifix in Typefi Writer. The Edifix integration is only available in Typefi Writer 8.7.2 or later.
Watch this short demo video and see how easy it can be to check your references:
Apply paragraph styles faster, in unstructured documents
The new Apply selected style and move to next paragraph feature (a checkbox in the Paragraph Styles panel), makes it easier to quickly apply structure to Word documents that have no existing styling.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to cycle through a document and apply paragraph styles consecutively with this feature:
Update Typefi Writer to start using these new features!
- Install Typefi Writer 8.7.2 (64-bit edition), available from the Typefi FTP.
- Verify that your Typefi server is using both Microsoft Word workflow plug-in (v18 or higher), and Adobe InDesign workflow plug-in (v33 or higher).
- If you're unsure of what version you're running, or if you need further support, please feel free to contact us via email@example.com.
Reminder: 32-bit editions of Typefi Writer are deprecated
If you choose not to upgrade, everything will stay as it currently is. However, we recommend updating Typefi Writer to the 64-bit edition (8.7.0, 8.7.1 or 8.7.2) in order to benefit from our continued development. We are no longer actively supporting deprecated 32-bit editions. For more information, please view Typefi's latest releases.
- Typefi Writer 8.7.2 release notes with changes and bug fixes noted
- Revisit the key features in Typefi Writer 8.7.1 (64-bit edition)
- Submit a ticket to learn more about new features, to log any issues, or for help upgrading to Typefi Writer 8.7.2
- Read more on the partnership between Typefi and Inera, in this media release: Typefi and Inera partnership strengthens with new reference checking integration.
Typefi and Inera—partnering to deliver great value and innovation
At Typefi, we're always looking at how we can add value to our solutions. Partnering with other technology experts, like Inera, helps to ensure our offerings remain relevant, innovative, and useful.
Typefi and Inera have been partners for over 15 years now, integrating both eXtyles and Edifix into the Typefi platform, and together, have built an impressive list of mutual clients including ISO, FASS, WHO, and Standards Australia. The Edifix integration with Typefi Writer is yet another example of our commitment to deliver innovative solutions that enable our customers to do more. To learn more about Inera, visit www.inera.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.