Typefitter 5.0.1 and Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 join the list of Typefi products that support Apple devices with Apple Silicon M1 processors!
A key feature of these releases is that for macOS, Typefitter 5.0.1 and Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 will now run faster in native mode on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip.
Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 is a compatibility release with Adobe InDesign 16.3+
NOTE: For Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 to run in native mode on Apple computers, you must use InDesign 16.3+
Read the Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 release notes to view system requirements, key features of the release, and more.
NOTE: For Typefitter 5.0.1 to run in native mode on Apple computers, you must use InDesign 16.3+
Read the Typefitter 5.0.1 release notes to view system requirements, key features of the release, and more.
Typefitter 5 is a major upgrade from Typefitter 4:
- Typefitter 5 features a refined user interface and powerful new features, such as detecting widows and orphans and white space rivers.
- Typefitter 5 will be available in different editions, Typefitter Standard and Typefitter Professional, depending on your typography needs. To learn which features each edition supports, see Typefitter 5 editions. This release, Typefitter 5.0.1, is only for Typefitter 5 Standard. Typefitter 5 Professional will be released in early 2022.
- NOTE If you use Typefitter with Typefi Server, we recommend waiting to upgrade until Typefitter 5 Professional is released. Typefitter 5 Standard will not work with Typefi Server workflows. Typefitter 5 Professional, to be released in early 2022, will work with Typefi workflows.
If you want to learn more about the Apple M1 chip, native Apple M1 support, and what this all might mean to you, check out our blog post, What you need to know about Apple silicon (M1).
- About Typefi AutoFit
- Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 Release Notes
- Typefitter 5.0.1 Release Notes
- Typefitter Editions
- Typefi, Big Sur, and Apple silicon compatibility table
- [Blog post] What you need to know about Apple silicon (M1)
If you have any questions, please contact us. Our team is happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.