From Typefi Writer 8.7.4, 64-bit edition, an optional Workflow check will warn users during preflight if there are any instances of local formatting still in place in your Microsoft Word document. This feature is a great safety net, in case you miss a local formatting replacement!
- You are using Typefi Writer 8.7.4 or later.
- Typefi Writer is connected to a Typefi Server, and a workflow is attached.
Turn on the Check for local formatting overrides warning
- Click the Options button found on the Typefi ribbon.
- Click the Workflow options tab in the Typefi Writer Options dialogue.
- Check the box Check for local formatting overrides, in the When publishing a document section.
- Click OK.
- When you are ready to publish your document, click Publish on the Typefi ribbon.
- In the Typefi Publish dialogue, ensure the box is checked for Preflight document before publishing.
If there are any instances of local formatting in your document, a Typefi Writer warning dialogue will appear with the message, “This document has validation warnings and may not publish as expected. Are you sure you want to continue?”
- If you click Continue and publish your document without resolving the identified local formatting overrides, the formatting in your output document may not be as expected.
If you click Cancel and choose to look at your Typefi Document Explorer, you’ll see all instances of local formatting in red. Clicking on each of these will display a message, “Found local formatting overrides”.
Resolve these issues using the Replace Local Formatting feature, before Publishing your document.
Please sign in to leave a comment.