If you are upgrading from the 32-bit edition to the 64-bit edition of Typefi Writer, please follow the instructions in Install Typefi Writer instead.
To update Typefi Writer (64-bit edition) to the latest version, uninstall Typefi Writer and download the latest installer from the FTP.
- Check if your workflow includes DOTM files. If so, contact your Solutions Consultant to update Typefi Writer.
- Check the Typefi Writer system requirements and the release notes.
- Uninstall Typefi Writer. See Uninstall or remove apps and programs in Windows 10.
Update Typefi Writer (64-bit edition)
- Access the Typefi FTP. Go to https://ftp.typefi.com and sign in using your Typefi credentials.
- Download the latest version of Typefi Writer. The latest version is available in the
Typefi__Writerfolder should be one of the first things you see when you sign in to the FTP; if you do not see it, contact your Solutions Consultant.
There are two editions of Typefi Writer—one for 32-bit applications and one for 64-bit applications. Download the installer that starts with
Typefi_Writer_x64(the 64-bit edition) to a convenient location for the next step of the installation.
- Run the Typefi Writer installer. Double-click the installer and follow the steps.
- Verify the installation. Start Microsoft Word and check if the Typefi tab is in the Word ribbon.
If the Typefi Writer installer has been completed, but the Typefi ribbon does not appear in Word, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this article.
- In the Typefi tab, go to About → About Typefi Writer and confirm the version number is correct.
If you have any questions about updating Typefi Writer, please contact us. We’re here to help.