Released 09 Sept 2021
Note: Typefi Designer 8.7.2 for InDesign Server will be available after Adobe officially releases InDesign Server 16.4.
We're pleased to announce that Typefi Designer 8.7.2 (v18.104.22.1681) for Adobe InDesign is now available. Typefi Designer 8.7.2 for InDesign Server will be available after Adobe officially releases InDesign Server 16.4.
Typefi Designer 8.7.2 is a compatibility release with Adobe InDesign 16.3. For macOS, Typefi Designer 8.7.2 runs faster in native mode on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip and features improved security.
If you have any feedback or run into any issues, please contact us.
Typefi Designer 8.7.2 system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 (v1709 or higher); or macOS Big Sur (11.0), Catalina (10.15), or Mojave (10.14).
- Adobe InDesign 2021 16.3 or later. NOTE Typefi Designer 8.7.2 only supports InDesign 16.3 or later. If you use InDesign 16.2 or earlier, you must use Typefi Designer 8.7.1 or earlier. If you do not use compatible Typefi Designer/InDesign versions, InDesign will not open.
- Adobe InDesign plug-in version 32 or later
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended).
For more information about our end of support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Native Apple processor support
Typefi Designer 8.7.2 now runs in native mode on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip, for faster performance than earlier generation systems.
The macOS installer for Typefi Designer 8.7.2 is signed and notarized. Now, when you install Typefi Designer, you will no longer see this Gatekeeper warning:
"TypefiDesigner.pkg" can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
Gatekeeper is an Apple technology that performs online checks to verify if an app contains known malware and whether the developer's signing certificate is revoked.
For more information, see Safely open apps on your Mac.
- Typefi AutoFit relationships disappear. In InDesign 16.2 or earlier, Typefi AutoFit relationships disappear when running a job. The workaround is to group the AutoFit parent-child elements or upgrade to InDesign 16.3 or later. For more information, see Typefi Autofit relationships disappear.
Every product has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released and ends when it is no longer supported.
For more information about our end of support policies, see Typefi product support.
Adobe Creative Cloud notices
Adobe updates and adds new features to the Creative Cloud on an ongoing basis. Both because earlier versions are uninstalled by default, and because Creative Cloud updates may break compatibility with Typefi, we recommend disabling or deselecting both Auto-updates and Remove older versions for Adobe InDesign. For more information, see Update Creative Cloud apps.
In May 2019, Adobe announced changes to Creative Cloud download availability that limited direct download access to the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud apps. Concurrent with this change, Adobe either recommends or requires your operating system be no earlier than two versions back. For more information, see: InDesign system requirements, InDesign Server system requirements, and Do my Adobe apps work in macOS Catalina 10.15?.