- If you already subscribe to Typefitter 4, you're eligible for a free upgrade to Typefitter 5.
- You do not need to reactivate Typefitter. Typefitter 5 will automatically activate using your existing license.
- If you're using Typefitter 4 with Typefi Desktop, Typefi Workgroup, or Typefi Cloud, do not upgrade to Typefitter 5 until version 5.1 is released later this year.
Your Typefitter subscription
Typefitter subscriptions are OS-agnostic—you can use the licence on either macOS or Windows. Typefitter can also be activated on up to two computers used exclusively by the same person.
If you subscribe to Typefitter 4, you're eligible for a free upgrade to Typefitter 5. When Typefitter 5 Professional is released later this year, you will also receive a coupon for a free upgrade to Typefitter 5 Professional.
NOTE Typefitter 5 Professional adds support for Profiles (the successor to Typefitter 4’s Typefit Styles), automated copyfitting rules, and InDesign scripting (*requires the Scripting add-on). If you use Typefit Styles and Typefit Rules, or use Typefitter with Typefi Desktop, Typefi Workgroup, or Typefi Cloud, wait to upgrade until Typefitter 5 Professional is released later this year.
Typefitter 5 is available as an annual subscription whose cost varies depending on the edition you licence:
|Typefitter 5 edition||Annual subscription rate|
|Standard||USD $36/year Subscribe now|
|Scripting add-on||USD $288/year|
|Professional bundle with Scripting add-on||USD $360/year|
|Enterprise (for InDesign Server||Contact us|
If you need to manage or cancel your subscription, follow the steps in this article.
Upgrade to Typefitter 5
If you've already licensed and activated Typefitter 4, you do not need to reactivate Typefitter. Typefitter 5 will automatically activate using your existing Typefitter 4 license.
NOTE Typefitter 5 supports the three most recent major releases of Adobe InDesign—InDesign 2019 (v14) through InDesign 2021 (v16)—on Intel or AMD processors. An update to natively support InDesign 16.3+ (currently in beta from Adobe) on Apple processors is planned for mid-year. There are no known issues specific to running Typefitter 5 with InDesign under Rosetta 2 emulation.
NOTE While Typefitter 4 documents can be opened with Typefitter 5, opening a Typefitter 5 document with Typefitter 4 is not supported. For more information, see Typefitter 4 and Typefitter 5 compatibility.
Step 1: Install Typefitter 5
NOTE If you are using macOS and cannot open the installer, please complete the steps in this article.
Step 2: Verify that Typefitter 5 is installed
- Open Adobe InDesign.
- From the Typefitter panel menu, choose About → About Typefitter.
- Check that you see the Typefitter 5 splash screen.
If you do not see the Typefitter 5 splash screen, you are not using Typefitter 5. Please reinstall Typefitter 5, and if the issue is still not resolved, please contact us. We're here to help.
- Compare Typefitter 4 versus Typefitter 5
- Compare Typefitter 5 editions
- Typefitter 5 release notes
- Install Typefitter 5
- Typefitter 4 and Typefitter 5 compatibility