A Typefi Server upgrade happens when we release a new version of Typefi Server. A new version may offer significant changes, major improvements, or bug fixes.
Typefi Server comes in three licensing models—Desktop, Workgroup, and Cloud. Each licensing model has slightly different upgrading procedures.
|Licensing model||Description||Upgrading instructions|
|Typefi Server for Desktop||A single-user on-premises automated publishing solution designed for small to medium organisations.||Upgrading Typefi Server for Desktop|
|Typefi Server for Workgroup||An on-premises enterprise platform designed for larger publishers, businesses and corporations||Upgrading Typefi Server for Workgroup, Upgrading to InDesign Server 2021|
|Typefi Server for Cloud||A cloud-based automated publishing solution||Typefi Server for Cloud is upgrading...now what?|
What is Typefi's software support policy?
- Typefi provides a minimum of two years of product support from our general availability date.
- Typefi supports the current and previous two versions of Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Windows and macOS.
While we'd like to be able to support older versions, this isn't always feasible and can, in some cases, prevent us from being able to take advantage of the latest improvements offered by Adobe, Microsoft, and Apple. When a Typefi product reaches its end of life (as noted in the Typefi product support matrix), there will be no new product or security updates.
For more information about our support policies, see Typefi product support overview.
Why should I upgrade?
Upgrading to the latest version ensures that you benefit from all new functional enhancements and security updates, in addition to support for newer operating systems.
Can I continue using an older version of Typefi Server?
While you may continue to use Typefi products after they are no longer supported, Typefi will no longer provide updates or address any existing bugs or security issues in the software. Because of this, we strongly recommended that you upgrade to the latest versions.
NOTE Because we manage the infrastructure for Typefi Server for Cloud, it always uses the latest Typefi version. The latest Typefi version supports the latest version of InDesign, plus the previous two versions.
What needs to be upgraded?
Depending on your IT environment, the following may need to be upgraded:
- Your Typefi Server (if you use Typefi Server for Workgroup, Adobe InDesign Server may also need to be updated).
- Typefi Designer.
- Typefi Writer (if using).
- Typefi Writer add-ins and customisations (if using).
- Third-party plug-ins, such as movemen MathTools
How frequently does Typefi need to be upgraded?
Roughly every 18 months on average.
How do I upgrade?
There are two ways you can upgrade your Typefi Server:
- Self-service. If you want to complete the upgrade process yourself, please follow the steps in Upgrading Typefi Server for Desktop, Upgrading Typefi Server for Workgroup, or Typefi Server for Cloud is upgrading...now what?. We strongly suggest that you discuss this upgrade with your Solutions Consultant before upgrading.
- Full-service. If you want us to complete the upgrade process, please contact your Solutions Consultant to schedule a time.