- Typefi FileManager offers a convenient way to upload, check in, check out, and delete your Typefi-ready templates (.indd) to a Typefi Server, without leaving Adobe InDesign.
- To use the Typefi FileManager, you first need to sign in to your Typefi Server. In Adobe InDesign, go to Window → Typefi → Typefi FileManager and choose sign in from the panel menu.
Before you can use Typefi FileManager, you first need to connect to your Typefi Server:
Connect to your Typefi Server
- Open InDesign.
- Open the Typefi FileManager panel (Window → Typefi → Typefi FileManager).
- From the Typefi FileManager panel menu, choose Sign In.
- Enter the URL of your Typefi Server; for example, https://cloud.typefi.net. NOTE The server address uses https:// by default. If you are using Typefi Server for Desktop, replace this with http://.
- Sign in using your account credentials (typically your email address). If you forgot your password, click here to submit a forgotten password request. TIP To avoid re-entering your password the next time, select Remember me.
After you are signed in, the Typefi FileManager panel refreshes and lists the InDesign files stored in your Typefi Server.
If you need to disconnect from your Typefi Server, click the panel menu and choose Sign Out.
Work with files
Once you're connected to a Typefi Server, the Typefi FileManager shows all the InDesign files saved to your Typefi Server.
To open a folder and view its content, double-click it. To step back through the hierarchy of folders, select a folder path from the pop-up menu at the top of the FileManager panel.
NOTE While Typefi Server can contain different types of files (for example, Microsoft Word documents, images, workflows, and CSS), Typefi FileManager only shows InDesign files (.indd and .indb).
If you have any questions about connecting to a Typefi Server, please contact us. We're here to help.