However, designers may want to manually create Anchors if:
- The Anchors are missing. Anchors are removed when you ungroup, or cut, copy, and paste an Element.
- You want to reverse-engineer an existing layout to add Typefi markup so you can export it to Content XML.
- You are working with an InDesign document already generated by Typefi and:
- you ungrouped a previously placed Element instance, which breaks the Anchor reference, and,
- you are roundtrip editing the document to export the updated Content XML.
To manually create an Anchor:
- Select the Element and go to Object → Typefi Element Anchors.
Alternatively, right-click (Windows) or control-click (macOS) the Element and choose Typefi Element Anchors.
- Select either Create At Start of Page or Create At End of Page.
- Create At Start of Page inserts the Anchor at the start of the first paragraph on the page that contains the Element. If this paragraph starts on the previous page, then the Anchor is inserted at the end of the previous page.
- Create At End of Page inserts the Anchor at the start of the last paragraph on the page that contains the Element. If this paragraph continues on the next page, then the Anchor is inserted at the start of the next page.
To move an Anchor to a different location, see Repositioning a Typefi Anchor.