A workflow, created in Typefi Server, is made up of one or more actions that perform a sequence of tasks used to automatically generate output. Workflows can be as simple as a single action performing just one task, or they can contain multiple actions that perform a series of tasks.
Attaching a workflow or project to your Microsoft Word document sets up the available options in Typefi Writer for inserting sections or elements, applying paragraph, character or table styles, or adding conditions. Typefi Writer can also validate documents against workflows to identify and resolve errors in the structure or markup of a document.
To attach a workflow to a Word document:
- Open a Word document.
- In the Word ribbon, select the Typefi tab. TIP Don't see the Typefi tab? Follow the troubleshooting steps in this article.
- Click Workflow.
- In the Select Workflow dialogue, click Attach.
- Choose Typefi server. TIP If you are attaching a workflow from a Typefi style sheet file, see this article for step-by-step instructions.
- Click Browse and navigate to the folder containing the workflow you want to attach, select its name, and then click OK.
- In the Select Workflow dialogue, click OK again.
- In the Attached Workflow dialogue, click Close.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We're here to help.