The PDF Utilities plug-in is a collection of workflow actions you can use to manipulate and work with PDF documents. Features include tools for making a PDF more accessible by defining the reading language, initial view settings, and editing other document properties. You can also use the PDF Utilities plug-in to add a watermark, combine or extract pages, or change security settings on a PDF. PDF Utilities is built on top of Apache PDFBox 2.x.
The PDF Utilities plug-in is a replacement for the PDFtk plug-in, which was deprecated on 01 January 2019.
For more information about the PDF Utilities plug-in, please get in touch.
The latest version of the PDF Utilities plug-in is 2.0.91, released on 15 Dec 2020.
We release updates regularly, and it's our goal to make sure that our software works well, constantly—that Typefi continues to deliver, every day. If you have any feedback or run into any issues, please contact us. We're happy to help.
2.0.91 — 15 Dec 2020
- Updated the plug-in to use the Apache PDFBox 2.0.21 library.
- Renamed several workflow actions to be more descriptive and task-orientated:
- Improved the functionality of the Export to text workflow action. This action now uses the PDFLayoutTextStripper library, which means it can extract content from a table or a form in a PDF file.
- Added a Parameters field to Apply watermark and >Export to text. You can use parameters to pass additional information to the workflow action to customise the output. For example, you specify only odd pages in an output document are watermarked. For more information, refer to each action's documentation.
- Fixed an issue in Apply watermark where the watermark was not retained across all pages in a multi-page PDF. Now, Apply watermark applies the watermark to each page.
- In Set bookmark zoom, the Magnification pop-up menu is now called the Zoom level. We also added a new Zoom percentage input field so that you can specify an exact zoom level. The new zoom level choices are:
- Inherit zoom.
- Fit page height.
- Fit page width.
- Fit page.
- Zoom to % (If you choose this option, you can now specify the exact zoom level in the Zoom percentage input field).
- Renamed the Page layout options in Edit document properties (Initial view tab) to match Acrobat norms:
- User default is now Automatic.
- Single Page is now Single page.
- Continuous is now Single page, continuous.
- Facing pages, right is now Two-up (Cover page).
- Facing pages, left is now Two-up (Facing).
- Continuous facing pages, right is now Two-up, continuous (Cover page).
- Continuous facing pages, left is now Two-up, continuous (Facing).
- Renamed the magnification options in Edit document properties to match the magnification options in Set bookmark zoom. Before, each action used slightly different terms; now, both actions use Fit page height and Fit page width.
- Renamed Image to File in Apply watermark to match Acrobat norms.
- Fixed some typos and improved the Spanish localisation.
1.0.41 — 20 May 2019
First customer release. For more details on how to use the plug-in, please refer to the documentation.