Note: The most current version is Typefi AutoFit 8.7.2 (v22.214.171.1241), released on 09 Sept 2021.
Typefi AutoFit helps you design complex and responsive layouts more quickly and with less work. Our compact and easy-to-use panel brings Adobe InDesign’s auto-sizing options out of the Text Frame Options dialogue and puts them at your fingertips. Or, use the Typefi AutoFit tool to link objects with parent-child relationships—resizing or moving the parent effortlessly and automatically resizes or moves the child by the same amount.
We're pleased to announce that Typefi AutoFit 8.7.1 (v126.96.36.1995) is now available. Changes include:
- Added support for InDesign 2021 (v16).
- Added support for macOS Big Sur.
- Removed support for InDesign CC 2018 (for more information, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle).
- 8.7 Added support for InDesign 2020 (v15).
- 8.7 Fixed an issue where the Balance Columns checkbox was still selected after selecting Clear Attributes or Clear All.
- 8.7 Fixed an issue (introduced with Typefi Designer 8.6.1) where text frames with strokes were unexpectedly resized if you changed only the height or the width of the frame.
- 8.7 Fixed an issue where selecting Clear Attributes or Clear All on a text frame caused the minimum/maximum and height/width settings to break.
- 8.6 Added support for InDesign 2019 (v14).
- 8.6 Fixed an issue where child objects in AutoFit parent-child relationships may not consistently override with their parent objects.
- 8.6 Fixed a bug where resizing an open path (line) with an applied start or end shape (for example, an arrowhead or other shape) via an AutoFit parent-child relationship caused InDesign to crash.
- 8.6 Slight cleanup of Typefi AutoFit preferences:
- Renamed Options → Display Options.
- Renamed Relationship Color → Color.
- Moved Enable AutoFit checkbox to View (menu) → Typefi Extras → Enable AutoFit.
- 8.5 Fixed an issue where AutoFit frame width and height constraints displayed incorrect values when your selection contains multiple frames with different frame constraints (the values shown were from the first frame, by creation order).
- 8.5 Fixed a 0.5 pixel vertical shift of the @2x AutoFit panel icon.
- 8.5 Fixed the positioning of AutoFit parent-child anchors to now align to the outside edge of an applied frame stroke (previously they aligned to the inside edge).
- 8.4 Added support for InDesign 2018 (v13).
- 8.4 A refreshed user interface with updated icons for high-resolution (HiDPI) or Retina displays.
- 8.4 Improvements to the Spanish localisation.
|AutoFit||8.7.1||18 Dec 2020||○||○||○|
|8.7||17 Apr 2020||○||○||○|
|8.6||29 Oct 2019||○||○||○|
|8.5||11 Aug 2018||○||○||○|
|8.4||05 Jan 2017||○||○||○||○|
Typefi AutoFit is provided as a free (unsupported) plug-in for Adobe InDesign. This free plug-in is not eligible for technical support, and we make no assurances of future security or non-security updates. Download it today (registration required) from https://typefi.com/autofit.