Released 17 April 2020
We're pleased to announce that Typefi Writer 8.7.0 (v220.127.116.11) is now available. Typefi Writer 8.7.0 is a compatibility release for Typefi Server 8.7.0
If you have any feedback or run into any issues, please drop us a line.
Typefi Writer 8.7.0 system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 (v1709 or higher)
- Microsoft Word 2019/2016 (32-bit only) on the Semi-Annual Channel, or Word 2013 (32-bit only) with security update KB3039794
- Microsoft Excel (optional; required for Microsoft Excel import)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later
Content XML 3.2
Typefi Writer 8.7.0 adds support for Content XML 3.2, which includes:
- Local overrides for paragraph styles and the appearance of tables and table cells
- The ability to use Typefi Fields in Main Story and Element Content text frames
- Improved page numbering support
- Several bug fixes
- Microsoft Word automatically translates the names of its built-in styles (for example, English: Heading 1 → Spanish: Título 1) based on the display language setting (File → Options → Language → Display Language), which causes Writer to omit these styles if the translated style name differs from the name used in your Adobe InDesign template (workaround: rename your InDesign styles to match the translated equivalents for all built-in Microsoft Word styles).
- Text effects (Outline, Shadow, Reflection, or Glow) are not preserved when converting to Content XML.
Every product has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released and ends when it is no longer supported.
For more information about our end of support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Microsoft Office compatibility
One of the benefits of Microsoft 365 is that Microsoft provides new features for Microsoft apps on a regular basis. The schedule for these updates depends on your selected update channel. Typefi only certifies Writer compatibility with the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel. While the Current Channel delivers new or updated features and security and non-security updates at least once each month, these releases are only supported by Microsoft until the next monthly channel release is available and may break compatibility with line-of-business applications like Typefi Writer. For these reasons, Typefi strongly recommends selecting the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel, which also delivers new or updated features and security and non-security updates, but on a slower schedule of two updates (in January and July) each year. For more information about the channel releases for Microsoft 365 Apps, see Overview of update channels for Microsoft 365 Apps.
To change your update channel to Semi-Annual Enterprise Enterprise Channel, do the following:
- Run Command Prompt (cmd) as Administrator.
- Enter the following commands:
cd "\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun" OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel=Deferred OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user exit
- Wait for the updates to download and install.