If you are unable to use automatic activation (for example, your network has a firewall or proxy that doesn’t allow the plug-in to communicate with Typefi’s activation servers), you can manually activate Typefitter using a web browser on either your own computer or a different computer.
To manually activate Typefitter:
NOTE This procedure is specific to Typefitter 4.2 and later. If you have a legacy version of Typefitter (4.1 and earlier) and you need to manually activate Typefitter, follow the instructions in this article.
- From InDesign's Help menu, select Activate Typefi Plug-in → Activate Typefitter.
- In the Typefitter license dialogue, enter the license ID and password from your Typefitter email receipt (it will have been sent from email@example.com).
- Click Activate.
Typefitter will detect that your computer cannot reach the Typefi activation servers. You will see a new dialogue to guide you through the manual activation process.
- From the Typefitter License dialogue, copy the License request to the clipboard.
- Open a web browser and go to https://www.typefi.com/activate and click Manual Activation.
Alternatively, go to the license portal directly.
- Paste the License request you copied from Step 4 into the text box under Copy and Paste Request and click the Submit button, located below the text box.
The license portal will generate a response.
- Copy the response to the clipboard.
Alternatively, click Download to save the response to an XML file.
- Return to InDesign and paste the response into the License response field in the Typefitter License dialogue.
- Click activate.