Say goodbye to bad breaks, overset text, short lines, unbalanced columns, and more!
Typefitter is an automated copy-fitting plug-in that seamlessly integrates into Adobe InDesign. Use it to manually tighten or loosen text, or automatically find and fix overset text, short lines, unbalanced columns, and more.
Automatically copyfit without jeopardising quality
Typefitter’s algorithms search for the smallest possible change that fits your text.
Create and edit custom typefit rules
Adjust which text and attributes are modified, and set limits on how much Typefitter can change.
Maintain full control
Typefitter allows you to manually tighten and loosen text where needed. It also tracks all changes and highlights modified text, so you can easily remove changes where required.
Typefitting text has never been so quick, simple, or effective
Typefitter is the perfect copyfitting plug-in for Adobe InDesign. It can also be used with our automated publishing platform, Typefi Cloud or Typefi 8. Download a free trial of Typefitter today!
Typefitter User Guide (PDF; updated Dec 2016)
Version history ↩
|4.2.0||29 Sep 2019||●||●||●|
- Replaced legacy eSellerate licensing and activation system with FastSpring and SoftwareKey
- Fixed an issue where Typefitter ignored footnotes
|4.1.0||06 Nov 2018||○||○||○|
- Added support for InDesign 2019 (14.x)
- Removed support for InDesign 2015 and earlier (for more information, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle)
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't alter paragraph space before in Fill Gap Typefit rules
- Renamed Fix stories with a short final column to Fit last column to minimum line count
- Fixed a scripting regression where Typefit rules couldn't target a selection, and would instead affect the entire document
- Removed the
TypefitterScriptingAddOnModelplug-ins into a separate Typefitter Scripting installer (see known issue below re: AppleScript conflict)
- Added the scripting
app.typefitterPreferences.versionproperty to return Typefitter's full version number
|4.0.3||17 Nov 2017||○||○||○||○||○||○|
- Added support for InDesign 2018 (13.x)
- Refreshed user interface with updated icons that match those in Typefi Designer
- Added new Typefitter splash screen
- Fixed blurry icons when Windows 10 display scaling is set to 150%
- Improvements to the Spanish localisation
- Known issue: If you are experiencing AppleScript-related issues (for example, with third-party tools like Zevrix LinkOptimizer), please quit InDesign and remove the
TypefitterScriptingAddOnModelplug-ins from your Adobe InDesign → Plug-ins → Typefi folder.
|4.0.2||16 Aug 2017||○||○||○||○||○|
- ¿Hablas español? Typefitter is now localised in Spanish.
- Redrew legacy Typefitter icons for high-resolution (HiDPI) or Retina displays
- Cleaned up the Edit Typefit Rule dialogue
|4.0.1||01 Dec 2016||○||○||○||○||○|
- Added support for InDesign 2017 (12.x)
- Fixed several activation and deactivation issues
- Improved compatibility with older versions of InDesign (CS6)
- Updated Typefit rules to refer to a short word on a line by itself as a runt (a widow is a single last line of a paragraph at the top of a page). Credit: David Blatner at InDesignSecrets.com.
|4.0.0||10 Feb 2016||○||○||○||○|
- Added support for InDesign 2015 (11.x)
- First release with Typefi branding
- Changed name from "TypeFitter Pro" to "Typefitter"
NOTE Typefi acquired TypeFitter Pro from Teacup Software in January 2016. To download legacy TypeFitter Pro installers, please visit this page.