Note: The most current version is Typefi Writer 8.7.0 (v126.96.36.199), released on 17 April 2020.
Released 17 July 2019
We're pleased to announce that Typefi Writer 8.6.2 (v188.8.131.529) is now available. Typefi Writer 8.6.2 is a targeted bug fix release.
For details on Typefi Writer 8.5, which added the ability to publish portions of your document, allowed you to insert and manage metadata in paragraphs and introduced significant performance improvements, please see its release notes.
Typefi Writer 8.6.2 system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 8.1
- Typefi Cloud, Workgroup, or Desktop 8.6 or later with Microsoft Word plug-in version 11 or later (version 15 or later is recommended)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later
- Microsoft Word 2019 (32-bit only) or Word 2016 (32-bit only) on Semi-annual (deferred) update channel, or Microsoft Word 2013 (32-bit only) with security update KB3039794
- Microsoft Excel (optional; required for Microsoft Excel import)
Note Typefi Writer 8.6 no longer supports Microsoft Word 2010. For more information about our end of support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
- 8.6.2 Fixed a rare issue where the Typefi Writer interface would send Microsoft Word to the background after inserting an element with only one document open
- 8.6.2 Fixed a content validation issue where an erroneous warning
Index fields are not allowed inside the "Condition" headercould be given
- 8.6.2 Normalised the Select workflow dialog to the modern look-and-feel
- 8.6.1 Multiple user experience improvements
- adopted natural sort ordering (1, 2, 3, …, 10, 11, …, 20, 21) instead of simple numeric sort ordering (1, 10, 11, …, 2, 20, 21, …, 3)
- added section-based filtering to improve ability to locate elements when inserting element references
- 8.6.1 Fixed a content validation issue where a fixed element could only be inserted once per document rather than once per section
- 8.6.1 Fixed an issue where publishing to a Project could fail with an error
Cannot proceed because Writer cannot find the selected file on the server
- 8.6.1 Fixed an issue where clicking the Publish button in the Typefi Publish dialog twice in rapid succession would fail with
Unexpected Error 457 - This key is already associated with an element of this collection
- 8.6.1 Fixed an issue where large Excel spreadsheets containing empty rows in the defined cell range would cause an unexpected warning about large amounts of information on the Clipboard
- Fixed an issue where filtering paragraph styles in the Select Cross-Reference Source dialog may show the wrong styles after deselecting one or more paragraph styles
- Normalised some older dialogs to the modern look-and-feel
- Multiple improvements to our warning and error messages
- when a Word file or any asset within a Word file is stored on a filepath that exceeds 255 characters
- when clicking Refresh and the original workflow cannot be found
- when clicking Refresh and no valid server connection is found
- Element References create duplicate content (workaround: update to Microsoft Word plug-in version 15 or later)
- Microsoft Word automatically translates the names of its "built-in" styles (for example, English: Heading 1 → Spanish: Título 1) based on the display language setting (File → Options → Language → Display Language), which causes Writer to omit these styles if the translated style name differs from the name used in your Adobe InDesign template (workaround: rename your InDesign styles to match the translated equivalents for all "built-in" Microsoft Word styles)
- Offline use (Workflow options → Allow selection of local Typefi stylesheets) is broken
Every product has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released and ends when it is no longer supported.
For more information about our end of support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Microsoft Office 365 update channel
One of the benefits of Microsoft 365 is that Microsoft provides new features for Microsoft apps on a regular basis. The schedule for these updates depends on your selected update channel. Typefi only certifies Writer compatibility with the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel. While the Current Channel delivers new or updated features and security and non-security updates at least once each month, these releases are only supported by Microsoft until the next monthly channel release is available and may break compatibility with line-of-business applications like Typefi Writer. For these reasons, Typefi strongly recommends selecting the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel, which also delivers new or updated features and security and non-security updates, but on a slower schedule of two updates (in January and July) each year. For more information about the channel releases for Microsoft 365 Apps, see Overview of update channels for Microsoft 365 Apps.
To change your update channel to Semi-Annual Enterprise Enterprise Channel, do the following:
- Run Command Prompt (cmd) as Administrator.
- Enter the following commands:
cd "\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun" OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel=Deferred OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user exit
- Wait for the updates to download and install.