Typefi Writer needs a connection to a Typefi Server to attach to workflows and produce output. There are a few different server addresses depending on the product you purchased:
|Typefi Workgroup||Please ask your Solutions Consultant|
You will also need a username and password. These will either be provided by Typefi, or your IT department. If you are unsure, ask your Solutions Consultant.
To connect to a Typefi Server:
- In the Typefi tab, within the Writer group, click Options.
- In the Typefi Writer Options dialogue, go to Server connections and click Add.
- In the Connect to Server dialogue, type in the server address (the server address uses https:// by default. If you are using Typefi Desktop, replace this with http://), username, and password.
- Select Remember my password.
- Click Test.
- If the test is successful, you will receive a message to confirm that everything is set up properly; click OK.
- Back in the Typefi Writer Options dialogue, set the connection timeout. If Typefi Writer cannot connect to a Typefi Server within the connection timeout, then you will see a timeout error. The timeout value ranges from 1-30 seconds; the default value is 10 seconds.