Note: The most current version is Typefi Designer 8.7.0 (v188.8.131.520), released on 17 April 2020.
Released 05 September 2016
We're excited to share that Typefi Designer 8.2.0 (184.108.40.2068) is now available. Designer 8.2 adds support for media elements (video and audio) in rich, interactive formats like HTML, EPUB, and PDF, in addition to the obligatory bug fixes for reported issues. This is a major update, so it's possible some issues will surface. If you find something, please drop us a line.
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1;
OS X El Capitan (v10.11), OS X Yosemite (v10.10), or OS X Mavericks (v10.9)
- Typefi Cloud, Workgroup, or Desktop 8.2.0 or later
- Adobe InDesign CC 2015, InDesign CC 2014, InDesign CC, or InDesign CS6
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
Typefi Designer 8.2 adds media (video and audio) frame types for the purpose of playing videos or audio files in rich, interactive formats like EPUB, HTML, and PDF.
You can use the following video and audio formats:
- MPEG video or audio (mp4, m4a, mp3)
- Audio Video Interleave (avi)
- Flash video (flv, f4v, swf)†
- QuickTime video (mov)‡
† Flash requires an add-on; not supported with iOS-based devices
‡ QuickTime for Windows has been deprecated and two Zero Day Initiatives have been issued detailing critical, unpatched vulnerabilities (https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA16-105A)
- FileManager preferences are now available from Preferences → Typefi
- FileManager can now remember your Typefi Account information to sign in more quickly in the future
- FileManager now adds a standard comment when checking in an InDesign file
- Fixed "file is damaged" error when attempting to upload an InDesign file with a ridiculously long file name
- Fixed an InDesign crash when attempting to upload an InDesign file with a fairly long file name