If you downloaded and installed Typefi Typefitter version 4.x and see the message "Could not find engine! The error occurred while installing the eSellerate engine. 0XE001004" the eSellerate components required for activation did not install properly.
Run Adobe InDesign as Administrator. Once open, proceed to activate Typefitter.
- Right-Click your InDesign icon
- Left click on "Run as Administrator"
- Say YES to the security prompt.
- Proceed to activate Typefitter.
Manually prepare the eSellerate engine on your machine.
- Open C:\ProgramData
- Copy TypeFitter folder and name the new folder eSellerate
- Run Command Line as Administrator
- type "cd c:\ProgramData\eSellerate"
- type "regsvr32 eWebClient.dll" and press Enter
- type "regsvr32 eWebControl370.dll" and press Enter
- Proceed with the steps in Option 1.
You can manually resolve the issue by downloading the eSellerate engine from http://www.esellerate.net/update and installing the contents of the zip file.
Once installed, restart InDesign, and retry activation.