- The way you set the value of a Typefi Element Field depends on your publishing workflow.
- To create a Typefi Element Field in your Typefi-ready template (.indd), go to Window → Typefi → Fields and click the Create new Field icon.
A Typefi Element Field is a type of Field that is used within a Typefi Element. Element Fields are commonly used for inserting element-level content, such as figure captions, figure numbers, and copyright information.
Set the value of a Typefi Element Field ↩
There are two ways you can set the value of a Typefi Element Field.
If your workflow uses Typefi Writer
If your publishing workflow uses Typefi Writer to author content, the content author is prompted to enter a Field value when an Element containing Fields is inserted in Microsoft Word. See Set the value of an Element Field for step-by-step instructions.
If your workflow is XML-based
If your publishing workflow is XML-based, the Field value is added by the XSLT. The value can change from Element to Element.
Create a Typefi Element Field ↩
To create a new Typefi Element Field in your Typefi-ready template (.indd):
- Open the Typefi Fields panel (Window → Typefi → Fields).
- Click the Create new Field icon at the bottom of the Typefi Fields panel, or choose New Typefi Field from the panel menu.
- In the Typefi Field Options dialogue, enter a unique Name, set the Type to Element, and then click OK.
TIP Element Fields can also be defined when creating a Typefi Element.
After you create an Element Field, the next step is to insert it into an InDesign text frame.