- are text placeholders that automatically update if the author changes the value.
- can be defined at the Project, Section, or Element level.
- are made of two components: a definition set in the Typefi Fields panel, and a text placeholder on a master page.
- can be unlinked from placeholder text, renamed, or deleted.
- cannot contain inline styling.
- pick up the paragraph or character styling of their placeholder text.
- should not be set in Main Story, TOC, Index, or Element Content frames, as they’ll be deleted when the actual content is placed.