The page numbering mode defines when the automated page numbering is reset to '1' (or '01', 'A', or 'i', depending on the page numbering style set for that Typefi Section).
To specify the page numbering mode for a Typefi Section:
- Open the Typefi Section panel (Window → Typefi → Sections).
- Open the Typefi Section Options dialog: select the name of a Typefi Section, then go to Panel menu → Section Options. Alternatively, double-click the name of a Typefi Section.
- Choose an option from the Mode pop-up menu:
- Continue from Previous Section means that the page numbering continues from the last page number of the previous Typefi Section, regardless of which Typefi Section type preceded the defined Typefi Section. For example, you might have a document that contains a Back Matter Section that needs to continue its page numbering from the last Chapter of the document.
- Restart at First Section means that the page numbering is reset to '1' for the first occurrence in the publication of the defined Typefi Section. Second and subsequent occurrences of that same Typefi Section will have their page numbering continue from the last page number of the previous Typefi Section. This setting allows the first Chapter to start on page 1, and the second Chapter to continue numbering from the end of the first Chapter, for example.
- Restart at Every Section means that the page numbering is reset to '1' each time the defined Typefi Section appears in the publication.
- Click OK.
TIP You can specify the starting page number for a Typefi Section: enter the number you want the Typefi Section to start on in the Start page numbering at field in the Create InDesign document workflow action in Typefi Server.